10 Ways to Feel Spirit in Your Life — #4
1. Do some kind of volunteer service for other people. Notice how you get as much value from it as you put into it.
2. Ask 6 people to make a list of the things they like about you, and the things they think you could work on to improve your character.
3. Read the inspiring words of the great, spiritual world teachers: Jesus, Buddha, Pythagoras, Zoroaster, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, Gandhi, Yogananda, Swedenborg, etc.
4. Make an altar in your home. Or make a shrine somewhere outside in nature. Keep tending it.
5. Smile at people you don't know.
6. Learn to feel the energy in various kinds of rocks.
7. Turn off your TV, radio, stereo; put down that newspaper, magazine, book— and be with your experience.
8. Care for an animal as if it were a god. Feed the birds.
9. Find a special tree. Visit it. Talk to it. Hug it. Bring it offerings. Send love and messages to others through it. Lean back against it and let it absorb your tensions.
10. Give admiration freely to others, especially to younger people and older people.
See March 19 for part 1, April 30 for part 2, June 18 for part 3.