Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Project Search for Hope

One of my friends and colleagues, Pam Coronado, is a "psychic detective" who uses her intuition to help find missing persons and discover what happened to them. She co-starred in a TV series on The Discovery Channel last year, called Sensing Murder. Recently she wrote about her newest project.

"I thought I might share what I've been up to over the past few months, as something I'm very excited about will be brought to life this year. I am co-founding a nonprofit missing person's foundation called Project Search for Hope. We are assembling a great team of intuitives and detectives who will do active searches for missing persons.

It was a question formed by a TV producer that sparked the idea. . . The question was: Why aren't more missing persons found? "If I could have everything I needed to bring more success into the field of missing persons, what would it be"? he asked. It took less than 3 seconds for the answer to zoom in and hit me upside the head. BECAUSE NO ONE IS REALLY LOOKING (unless it's a high profile case, of course). Unless you are on the front lines in this field, that may seem like a crazy statement. Unfortunately, it's true. Most cases I get called in for involve one lone, dedicated detective who's out searching on his or her own time, or a family who is out searching by themselves.

Interestingly, my detective partner came to the same conclusion at the same time on the other side of the continent. I have long felt that intuitive work needs to produce tangible, undisputable results in order to get the rest of the world to pay attention."

I'm happy to put out the word about her new foundation, so people who really need the help can find it.