Sunday, February 24, 2008

5 ways to differentiate between
the soul and the egomind voice


We all talk to ourselves inside our mind during the day. By learning to catch yourself when the egomind is monopolizing your thoughts, you can more easily shift back into the soul's perception.

1. The soul talks about what exists. It says, "I am doing this, I experience this, I perceive this." It cannot embody nonexistent fictitious realities beyond the here and now. The egomind says, "I don't, I can't, I won't," and repeatedly dives into the past or into negative, potential, or future realities that may never come about.

2. The soul allows. It says "This IS what it IS, There is purpose in everything, Everything is just fine and it's fine if it changes." The egomind says, "This isn't OK, I should, I have to, I must control."

3. The soul is a positive force. It says "I like, I enjoy, I am entertained and amused." The egomind often responds negatively, from criticism, judgment, ugliness, pettiness, or meanness.

4. The soul's voice builds understanding, compassion, and empathy. It says "I appreciate, I find value in, I understand, I feel what it's like to be in your shoes." The egomind perpetrates suffering, saying "I am misunderstood, No one sees me, I'm not going to give what I don't get, I hate, I won't tolerate."

5. The soul is full and embodies the experience of abundance. It says "I give freely, I can help, I have time, I have exactly what I need, there is plenty to go around." The egomind is sacrificial, and says "If I give to you I won't have enough, My needs are never met, I feel empty, lonely, abandoned."


This material is copyrighted by Penney Peirce, from The Intuitive Way, second edition