Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Haiku Diary: Week 4+


Finishing up July. . .

22
where did the technicolor moments
of my life go? still there and vibrant?
or down and out the wormhole?

23
this grey cat just stares
into my eyes with the
master's unwavering gaze

24
waking to the natural light
of approaching dawn, my body 
finds harmony again

25
did I say Thank You enough?
did I make your life just
the slightest bit easier?

26
thunder cracked right over
the house, loud as a bomb
broke me open

27
the crazy, the imprisoned ones, make art
make order and beauty
of their private hell

28
cicada song rolling
down the treeline and back
this repeating wave, their joy

29
I like apricots and cherries
the color is the flavor, I even
like the stone in the center

30
I am reminded again of the
infinite ways we make up life
of creativity's awesome ease

31
flying home o'er the eastern states
below me, white and seamless,
a blanket of popcorn clouds