Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Left and Right Brain: Let's Work Together!

I may be the only person left who hadn't read the various articles about Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke, chronicled in her book, My Stroke of Insight (Viking 2008), which taught her so much about achieving a state of peace and harmony. She says, "When you're really paying attention to the richness of the present moment, that's right-minded (right-brained) awareness. The left hemisphere is preoccupied with past and future, projecting fears, contemplating ideas that aren't relevant to the here and now. Once you realize you have these 2 different brains, you can learn to choose, moment by moment, how you want to live.

"I use the tools of the left hemisphere to PUSH into the world, but as soon as it becomes stressful, I can feel that in my body, and I switch to the right hemisphere to PAUSE. . . .You can say, "If I pull the plug on this circuit, I don't have to think (stressful) thoughts anymore."

I like the simplicity of the idea of PUSH and PAUSE, and using the 2 motions to stay in tune with whatever energy flow, or awareness flow, you're in at the moment. I talk about this a whole lot in my new book, FREQUENCY: The Power of Personal Vibration, due out Feb 3. We are now learning to use our ever-heightening sensitivity to monitor the phases of the waves we're in, and to choose right action, right feeling, right thought. If something feels stressful, or too dull and sluggish, you're just at the end of a wave phase, in the turn to the next (often opposite) phase. Out to in, head to heart, body to soul, etc.

Blessings for the holidays. . .