I'm quoting some snippets from an article from the Institute of Noetic Sciences' SHIFT Magazine, called The Body's Heart Field, by Rollin McCraty:
- The heart is now recognized as a highly complex system with its own functional "brain."
- The nervous system in the "heartbrain" enables it to learn, remember, and make functional decisions independent of the brain's cerebral cortex.
- The signals the heart continuously sends to the brain influence the function of higher brain centers involved in perception and emotional processing.
- Compared to the electromagnetic field produced by the brain, the electrical component of the heart's field is about 60 times greater in amplitude, and permeates every cell in the body.
- Information pertaining to a person's emotional state is communicated throughout the body via the heart's electromagnetic field.
- Negative emotions are associated with an erratic, disordered, incoherent pattern in the heart's rhythms.
- Sustained positive emotions appear to give rise to a distinct mode of functioning, termed psychophysiological coherence.
- One person's brain waves can actually synchronize to another person's heart.